21.1.13

Project 365, Day 1

I decided to begin taking pictures of myself everyday and saying what I did that day for the next year or so. I figure I will most likely put it at some value when I'm older and wonder what in the world did I do in my best years.

So without further ado-
Day: So, today I left for the University of Belgrano (where I take my Spanish classes) at 9:30 a.m., took fifteen-ish minutes to walk there, then talked to classmates before it began at 10:00 a.m. I had two breaks, one at 11:30 a.m. for 15 minutes, and a 30 minute one at 1:30 p.m. Once the Spanish class ended at 3:00 p.m., I walked over to the ISA office (the program I am studying abroad with), and they gave us some info on what we need to do to apply for our Visa on Wednesday (I have to be there at 6:20 a.m. that day!). 
Afterward, I ran to a shop where I got my entire passport photocopied (cost me about 90 cents), and finally went to COTO, one of Buenos Aires' biggest grocery stores that happens to also have miscellaneous items. It's basically Argentinian Wal-Mart. 

At COTO, I bought 6 empanadas (pastry pockets filled with delicious savory things): Chicken, Beef, Ham and Cheese, and Carne Dulce (sweet meat). I also got some on-sale dulce de leche and the Chocolate Rice Pudding below in the picture.

Picture: First- my nose! Yes, I got it pierced! Haha (Mami if you're reading don't worry! I'm not quickly turning into a bad rebellious child while overseas in a foreign country!) I've always wondered what it'd be like to have my nose pierced... and I don't love it. Will most likely take it out soon. Don't regret doing it because it was an experience, (a painful one at that) and I'm glad I did... but no.

Oh, and the rice pudding was all gone by the time I took this picture. It was super good- tasted like thicker, sweeter chocolate milk with rice floating in it. (And thank you to Mami for my necklace! I love it!

1 comment:

  1. that stuff looksreally good! it sounds like ur having so much fuN!

    ReplyDelete