23.1.13

Project 365, Day 3

Day: Today, I had to go apply for my Argentine student visa, since I will be here for over three months. I had to be at the Subway station by 6:20 a.m., which takes 15 minutes to walk to, and of course I woke up at exactly 6:05. haha. I hurried up and showered/dressed, then walked to the nearest station and took the subway ("Subte") from one end to the other, then switched lines again. Once I got off the Subte, it was 7:30, which was the time I had to be at the Immigrations Office, and I had no idea how to get there. I walked up to a lady, and just as I was about to ask her directions, I look up and see a fellow student! I was so happy and relieved; it was like seeing an angel on earth. We figured out how to get to the office by asking directions, and everything was painless from then on. Oh, and the visa cost $50, not the $100 that my study abroad people told us to bring, so today I basically won $50 and it was awesome.

After school, I went to the UPS store and bought a Sube card (finally!), which cuts train, subway, and bus fares in half, then went to a panaderĂ­a, a bakery, and bought five delicious things for my host family and me. Two were like square croissants folded diagonally filled with dulce de leche, one was a cream puff filled with dulce de leche and covered in chocolate, one a roll with creme inside, and the last a ball thing filled with dulce de leche and covered with powdered sugar that tasted exactly like a doughnut. OH so good! 

Then I walked home, ate the doughnut one, and took a three-and-a-half hour siesta. Woke up to a delicious dinner of lentil soup, bread, grapes, and a pelon. A pelon kind of tastes like a peach and has the same shape, except it has a beautiful, deep magenta-pink outside when ripe and the inside is white! It is so beautiful and tastes better than a peach, in my opinion. Have I mentioned the fruit here is super delicious?

Picture: Cut my hair again. Feels so much better/healthier now. 


And because I hate webcam pictures, here's this from the other weekend's fruit picnic on the water:


Chao!
xo amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment